Quick. Grab that pail of water: your ass is on fire.
Did you notice the tone of your teammate when she agreed to your last request? Did you spot the misalignment on the client’s team when they responded to your last email? Did you catch a hidden layer of functionality and alert your product team before it inflated the scope? No? Then this book’s dedicated to you.
- 150 pages of practical tips for recognizing and mitigating red flags
- Blank work pages for adding notes and a list of your own red flags
- The subtle and obvious pitfalls of red flags that pop up in projects, people, and the interactions you have
- Learn the ins and out of communication, money, scope, time, and trust
- Keep as a desk reference for when those client carbuncles pop up
If problems are popping up unexpectedly around your company’s projects, products, and people, those, my friends, are red flags. Missing them is tantamount to an acid bath for your organization. The thing is, if you don’t know what you’re looking for, they’re kinda tough to spot.
So how do you spot a red flag before it bites you on the ass? And once you see it, how do you get out of the heat?
Digital Project Management Trainer, Rachel Gertz, shares dozens of subtle and more obvious clues red flags leave as they stomp through your process, projects, teams, and clients. Then she gives you a helpful plan to minimize each flag’s throbbing pain so you can regain your dignity. As you learn to read the tracks, you become a skilled red flag hunter. You’ll start spotting them in the wild before they attack.
This little pocketbook is great for documenting your own red flags, too. Make notes and add your own treatment plan to keep you and your teams sharp and ready for the most cantankerous red flags this side of the Milky Way.
We’ve got you covered.
Talk to us.
Learn more about our apprenticeship or talk to a trainer.